For some, tea and coffee aren’t much of a feature in their lives. For others – myself included – popping into somewhere when you fancy a cuppa and a bite to eat is THE BEST.
Being from North Wales, along with being a great lover of café visits, I thought I’d grace you all with a list of THE places to go.
LET THEM EAT CAKE.
- One of the most picturesque places I’ve been to and will continue to visit each summer without fail is Tu Hwnt I’r Bont Tearooms, Llanrwst. I always appreciate anywhere with pretty crockery and this place certainly has it. The building itself is rather unique – in warmer months it appears covered in leaves, like something out of a Tolkien novel. It’s also a cosy place to stop off in the winter for a pot of tea before a refreshing walk in the countryside. I recommend: The scones!
2. Bodnant Garden – Situated above the River Conwy, the Garden has two parts, blooming to the brim with wild, colourful flowers. When I visited the garden, along with two gardening experts – my Mum and Nana – we couldn’t help but be in awe of the stunning efforts put into the maintenance of the place. My first impression was that it was much bigger than I thought – perfect for passing the time strolling around in on a sunny day. As for the cafe, whilst the interior may not be as impressive as the outside, they do a pretty mean slice of carrot cake!
3. Café Nero – Anyone who knows me will know that this is my go to place for a quick stop or a good long catch up with friends. I love the quality of the coffee, their frappé are perfect in the sun and their cake is pretty good too. The staff their are always friendly and it’s the best place to people watch and chill. I recommend: a caramel latté or English Breakfast tea.
4. Rest and Be Thankful Café, Great Orme Llandudno. This place is bursting with tourists, locals and fitness enthusiasts, all desperate to refresh themselves after a strenuous walk around the Great Orme. The views are breathtaking and this is the perfect place to sit and take in the scenery. I recommend: Milkshakes.
5. St. Tudno Hotel, Llandudno. Located on Llandudno’s Promenade, this is a great place for afternoon tea with a sea view. The interior is sophisticated and whilst it may seem posh, it’s prices are modest. I recommend: Afternoon tea – the full shebang!
6. Character’s Tea Rooms. Available for both afternoon tea and evening meals, this place is rather unique. It’s boho interior is unlike anywhere else nearby and its tea sets are adorable. When I popped in, afternoon tea seemed to be the most popular day time special, and it certainly lived up to my expectations. I recommend: the scones.